Thursday, April 3, 2014

The "One Thing" Week 12- "But news writing IS creative," said Young

This week, the "one thing" I learned was how to properly insert a quote into a news article. While I thought my article was sort of atrocious, you convinced me that it wasn't as bad as I thought, so that you. This is what I learned about using quotes in news articles: 
1. Before the quote, introduce who said it, then breifly summarize what the quote is going to say, without using any of the same words. 
2. The quote itself should be it's own graph (I did know this….just forgot to do it in my article) 
3. Even though you introduced the speaker before the quote, you still have to end with ,"said Soandso

Knowing all of this, the second draft of my article will be editied accordingly.  

1 comment:

  1. News writing is creative and many journalists are loquacious!

    ReplyDelete